Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Holy Spirit in a Poet's Heart


Sonnet #3   I Love How Winter

I love how winter settles in to swaddle living earth,
Tucking every flower in to wait for their new birth.
I love the way the winter sun shines warm from distant sky,
Its rays bring hope of days to come where newborn green will lie.
I love the hoar frost clinging to the empty limbs of trees,
It shimmers on the naked growth then greets the sun and leaves.
I love the way the snow comes down, each flake original art,
To blanket every single thing and warm my aching heart.
Winter, in her cold and ice, brings Heaven’s warmth to me,
Beneath her fridge wonderland, lies all eternity.

Lively 12/2010

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard someone love winter like that. :) I am a winter fan myself.

    ReplyDelete